SBA 504 Loan Limits
The SBA 504 Loan is a specific type of small business financing program. An SBA 504 loan is limited to providing finances for fixed assets like real estate or equipment. Every SBA 504 Loan is a partnered between a lender, the Certified Development Company (CDC) and the Small Business Administration (SBA).
How the SBA 504 Loan Program Works
The CDC works with the business owner to go through the process of approving and closing the loan. The CDC provides up to 40% of financing for commercial real estate or new construction with an SBA 504 loan. A lender must partner with the CDC with the small business owner's contribution being around 10%.
Qualifications and Limitations of a SBA 504 Loan
An SBA 504 loan may be right for you if you are a small business owner looking to acquire a loan for:
- The purchase of improvements (utilities, landscaping, parking lots)
- Construction on new facilities or renovating existing facilities
- Long-term machinery and equipment
- Purchasing land (includes existing buildings)
A SBA 504 loan may not be right for you if you are seeking a loan for:
- Speculative business (real estate, investment)
- Refinancing or repaying current debts
- Working capital or inventory for a preexisting business
- SBA 504 loans can range from $125,000-$20 million with a fixed interest rate
- Your business size should not exceed a net worth of $15 million
- Your average net profit after taxes for 2 years should not exceed $5 million
This submission form can help you determine whether or not an SBA 504 loan is right for your business.
Finding a SBA 504 Lender
Claris Finance can help you find a lender who works with SBA 504 loans. Our expert loan advisers will help guide you through the process from start to finish. Even better, our service is free. Contact Claris today to get started.
The Small Business Administration: www.sba.gov/loans-grants/see-what-sba-offers/sba-loan-programs/real-estate-equipment-loans-cdc-504/cdc-504-loan-program-eligibility